Did you know 78% of pediatric prescriptions are for attention issues? Let's make a change together, by providing our children with an integrative approach to treating ADD and ADHD.
What is ADD/ADHD?
Children who have issues paying attention, sitting still and who seem to never listen may have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). ADD/ADHD generally presents in childhood, especially during school and times where they are expected to be attentive. Often times it can be hard to differentiate between ADD/ADHD and normal childhood behavior, but parents with suspicions should consult their doctor right away.
An integrative approach to ADD/ADHD
For children who have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD school is difficult and most of the children see themselves as different. This difference quickly affects their self confidence and the downward spiral begins, again. Until recently there has only been the standard medications that work for some children, some of the time. So begins the merry-go-round of the various drugs. We now have another way of approaching ADD and ADHD. It is by finding the cause with a simple urine test and treating it directly without many of the negative and toxic side-effects that older ADD/ADHD treatments were packaged with, that we can improve your child’s chance for a full, successful, and happy life.
Every parent just wants the best life for their child, and together we at the Garden City Center for Integrative Health will work to achieve that via personalized treatments with the latest medical breakthroughs. We will use the most cutting-edge, safest, and healthiest approach to keeping your child’s ADD or ADHD under control, without poisoning their body or dampening their mind.
"I take the time to look at every aspect of my patients’ lives, and make sure never to sacrifice well-being for results, but rather find a way to achieve both. I know first-hand how important a child’s happiness and future are, and in today’s uncertain world, we need to give our children every chance they can get. Together, let us work to help to give your child a bright future."
-Dr. Vivian DeNise
- Does not work to potential in school
- Makes careless mistakes
- Frequently forgets daily events
- Has short attention span unless interested in a particular subject
- Has a family history of Attention Deficit Disorder, or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorde
- Lacks attention to detail
- Has trouble listening carefully to directions
- Frequently forgets or misplaces things
- Has trouble maintaining an organized work or living area
- Procrastinates, especially with multi-faceted tasks
- Is easily overwhelmed by everyday tasks
- Spends excessive time on homework
- Has problems with self-esteem
- Has trouble sitting still or in one place for long periods
- Acts impulsively or dangerously without considering the consequences
- Is always moving or fidgeting, even when expected to be still
- Often fidgets or squirms in seat
- Often talks excessively
- Has difficulty playing quietly
- Is often restless and running or climbing
- Does not remain seated during class
- Often blurts out answers before questions have been completed
- Has trouble waiting for his/her turn
- Lacks tact, often saying the first thing that comes to mind
- Heavy Metal Intoxication
- Gastrointestinal Disorders